Friday 1 June 2012

A quick update and a Smashing Magazine article


As some of you know, I'm currently busy writing a book about Android UI. It is taking a considerably large chunk of my free time and limits my opportunities to write articles here. I have few planned and hope to get some out soon anyways. So, please bear with me.

In the meantime, an article I wrote some time ago was published today in the Smashing Magazine with title "Getting To Know The Android Platform: Building, Testing And Distributing Apps".


Check out the article here:
http://mobile.smashingmagazine.com/2012/06/01/getting-to-know-android/

5 comments:

  1. Good to know that you are writing book for the Android UI. And good idea to write about UI part.

    ReplyDelete
  2. s/junk/chunk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :)

      I'd hope Google would bring the same awesome spelling checker to blogger as they have on the gdocs.

      Delete
  3. Is the book going to be about implementing some of the Design patterns, or just basic Android UI?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Colender,
      I'll be talking about usability in more general sense, Android UI's components, scalable and responsive design and the last part of it is design patterns including implementation tips.

      Delete