Thursday 20 September 2012

The First Android Template Project Already in Github


Jeff Gilfelt, the developer behind the Action Bar Style Generator and other Android utils, published the first Android Template Project for the upcoming Android Tools I mentioned yesterday.


Jeff has gathered many frequently requested templates to his project including ActionBarSherlock Activity and many others.

Head to the project page to read the full list and download the templates yourself:
https://github.com/jgilfelt/android-adt-templates

This project will same more of Android devs' time than any other project before.

5 comments:

  1. I downloaded the folder and added to the SDK, but even with ADT 20.0.3 it says I need a newer version of Android Eclipse, what did I do wrong?

    I'm using OS X 10.8.2 and Juno Eclipse 4.2. Btw, thank you so much Juhani for sharing, this template it's exactly what was looking for my company!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The current version does not support the templates yet. This is for the upcoming ADT 21. You can download the preview to try it or wait for the release.

      Delete
    2. Got it, I will install the r4 version of ADT 21, thanks!

      Delete
    3. And when can we expect this? I'd hate to destabilize my dev env only to see it is coming in a week...

      Delete
  2. tried with 21rc4?

    ReplyDelete